LiquorLicense.com is the largest license brokerage and consulting firm in Florida. We can help you to find a license in each and every of the counties in the State and constantly have availability in many such as Dade, Pinellas, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Orange, and Brevard.
LiquorLicense.com not only brokers licenses, but also finances liquor licenses as well. In Florida, we can help connect you with a loan to make your business possible. Loans start with as little as 10% down. Do not worry about credit scores, because you are already pre-approved
What kind of license do I need to sell alcoholic beverages?
If you wish to sell beer or wine, you can apply for a consumption-on-premise license or a package license. There are no restrictions on the number of licenses issued to sell beer and wine. If you wish to sell liquor, a quota license must be purchased from another license holder. These are limited in number throughout the state, based on county population.
What are the types of Florida Liquor Licenses?
There are 3 types of licenses that most people in retail will inquire about.
1) Quota – Full Liquor License – These licenses must be purchased/transferred from an existing license holder. The license can be used in a package-liquor store, bar or a restaurant facility that does NOT meet the SRX requirements
2) Full License / SRX Restaurant – SRX Licenses can be applied for directly from the state if you meet a certain criteria, dependent upon the number of seats / square footage of your restaurant. *Must sell at least 51% in food sales
3) Beer and Wine License – These licenses can be applied for directly from the ABT and can be used in either a convenience store, bar, or restaurant setting.
I own a restaurant, and wish to sale alcoholic beverages; what kind of license do I need?
A special (SRX) restaurant alcoholic beverage license can be obtained (if certain requirements are met) at any time, and is an exception to the number of licenses per county restrictions. The SRX license allows you to sell beer, wine, and liquor for consumption on-premises, in connection with a restaurant. However, a restaurant must derive 51% of their revenue from food and non-alcoholic beverages to qualify for this special license. If this percentage cannot be met and maintained, the restaurant would not qualify for the special license and would then be required to obtain a regular (quota)
What is a quota license?
For every increase in the population of a county by 7500 residents, a new
quota license is created. In order to obtain a quota (liquor) license, you must either buy an existing license, or enter the quota drawing to win the right to apply for a quota license. The winner may then apply for the issuance of the new license.
What are the steps to getting a liquor license in Florida?
- Determine the type of liquor license you need.
- Determine if you need to purchase a liquor license or if you get one directly from the State
- Purchase your liquor license
- Apply for the license through the Division of Alcoholic Beverage and Tobacco
- Get approved for the liquor license
- Start selling alcohol
How do I get a liquor license loan?
Getting a loan for your liquor license is simple. All you need to do is call us. Our loans are collateralized by the license, so there is a 99% chance you will be approved.
How much do Florida Liquor Licenses cost?
The cost of a Florida liquor license is determined by two things; the type and the county. Most quota liquor licenses cost between $50,000.00 and $750,000.00. With licenses in Polk County being among the least expensive and licenses in Walton County being among the priciest.